Do work

Do work

Socialize!



Follow Me on Pinterest View James Sopko's profile on LinkedIn

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Down Time

With any job there is such thing as working too hard.  Whether you are running a division on a warship, training full time for the Olympics or operating your own company, you need to take some "me" time.

There are many different ways to do it.  When I was on the ship I would work out.  In my current "job" working out is not a great way to get away from my job, working out.  I know a certain business owner that likes to sit in tree stands, sitting quietly for hours and waiting for a deer to become vulnerable.  Each person has their own methods.

I recently went for a long walk through a canyon to a beach in La Jolla, CA.  It was beautiful and therapeutic .  The sand stone forming the canyon and at times, natural steps brought me back to Hubbard Hall, the Navy boathouse.  It is a sandstone building with intense structure and beauty.  It is amazing how hard rock, such as sandstone can so easily be carved in to.  Below are some pics:
















You can see the carvings in the sandstone to the right.  Thankfully, midshipmen don't feel the need to do this to Hubbard Hall.

Have a good one.

- Jimmy

No comments:

Post a Comment